The StoryMaker Process: Learn to write a complete story idea in under two hours using this simple and effective StoryMaker outlining process that will change the way you look at story forever.
Bring your own idea, a notebook and get ready to unblock all obstacles to your finished outline. It doesn’t matter if you have just an idea, a series of scenes, or an entire three act beat sheet. The StoryMaker Process will help you identify:
• How to make your character emotionally interesting and compelling.
• What genre you are writing and WHY.
• What scenes absolutely MUST be in your story.
• Which characters you need to make your story work.
• How to find the highs and lows of your story.
• How to figure out what your story is REALLY about — ie. What’s your THEME.
• How to write an emotionally impactful ending that makes audiences FEEL closure.
This revolutionary way of writing works for any type of story: film, novels, webisodes, TV pilots, shorts — anything! Plus you’ll learn the power of non-linear storytelling as a way of unlocking your true potential. Class includes a hand-out to help your continue your work after you leave.
ABOUT CECILIA NAJAR: This class is taught by Cecilia Najar, writer, story doctor and founder of How Movies Work. She has worked in the entertainment industry for over 15 years, for companies including HBO, Imagine Entertainment and CBS Television. She has worked with hundreds of writers developing their material for film, TV and the Internet. She created the revolutionary StoryMaker Process and has taught this process for four years to students around the world. She has written and optioned screenplays and a novel, and is currently writing a comedy for Sneak Preview Entertainment.
Thurs, March 12th, 7-9 pm
FREE and open to everyone!
Brooks Institute, 27 East Cota Street, Santa Barbara, CA